I've been wavering back and forth about this site. I want to contribute, but on any given day, I tend to see a lot of super basic "How do I click a button with Selenium" questions and not a lot of interesting SQA theory and practice questions. Should we do something about this? Can we introduce some guidelines about what types of questions we want here?
Examples of questions that bore me, going down the recent questions list:
- How to run a test script in Selenium
- How to select an item from a dropdown
- How to retrieve items from a dropdown
- How to get dropdown values
- Automate Outlook using Webdriver
- Problem finding dynamic buttons
- Coding with Selenium
- Script to test logging into a website (Bonus points here for an answer that begins "u can start learning selenium". Very professional.)
Not all Selenium questions are bad, obviously, but 22 of the 50 newest questions are about Selenium, and many of them are that basic. I'd like to see more interesting questions about Selenium if that's what we're going to be spending almost half our questions on, you know?