Alan has been improving software quality since 1993 and is currently the Director of Programs and Quality for Monetization at Unity Technologies. Previous to Unity, Alan spent 22 years at Microsoft working on projects spanning the company – including a two-year position as Microsoft’s Director of Test Excellence.
Alan was the lead author of the book “How We Test Software at Microsoft”, contributed chapters for “Beautiful Testing”, and “Experiences of Test Automation: Case Studies of Software Test Automation”. His latest ebook (which probably will never be updated) is a collection of essays on test automation called “The A Word: Under the Covers of Test Automation”, and is available on leanpub.
- Software Quality Assurance & Testing 5.1k 5.1k 2323 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 2.9k 2.9k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Writing 1.5k 1.5k 1414 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.1k 1.1k 77 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Area 51 559 559 11 gold badge1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 85 Is the "Joel Test" appropriate when looking for a QA job?
- 37 Are code reviews considered part of QA?
- 34 Who is ultimately responsible for issues that are found after software is released?
- 31 Can every test be done by automation?
- 30 How do you track random thoughts and ideas?
- 25 How should you interview for QA *Automation* positions?
- 22 What additional benefits does an software engineer bring to a QA position
- View more network posts →