When I was a kid, I fell in love with computers. My first computer was a KAYPRO I and later a KAYPRO II (CP/M based machines, not MS-DOS). I still remember thinking, "what in the world am I going to do with 191kb of storage?" when double-sided floppies came out. I was a hobbyist programmer, starting with BASIC and Turbo Pascal. When I was in college, I found a love for Organic Chemistry and ended up getting a Masters degree in Chemistry. During graduate school I met a guy that introduced me to his recruiter at Microsoft. I ended up getting job offers from a pharmaceutical company and Microsoft. The offer from Microsoft was too exciting to pass up even though it was less money. I spent ten years at Microsoft, five in Word (SDE) and five in SharePoint (SDET I/II).
- Stack Overflow 18.6k 18.6k 55 gold badges2525 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- The Workplace 2.6k 2.6k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Lifehacks 296 296 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- Software Quality Assurance & Testing 278 278 11 silver badge1010 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 229 229 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 104 How to deal with an incendiary email that was recalled
- 91 Is it reasonable to apologise on behalf of my department for a mistake when I don't feel I should?
- 86 Coworker keeps threatening to tattle on me for "time theft"
- 40 How to get HTML code of a WebElement in Selenium
- 27 Unable to set cookies in Selenium Webdriver
- 20 Check if a WebElement is stale without handling an exception
- 18 Cat-proofing flexible air ducts
- View more network posts →